Chef – Lincoln
Salary: £12 per hour
Contract term: Casual
Closing date: Friday 10th December at 12 noon
This role will be to support our kitchen in preparing all types of food, and ensuring accurate and timely completion of all areas of administration associated with the provision of the services, as directed by the Manager.
Govinda’s Catering is all about precise, beautifully designed and nourishing menus. We cater for a healthy vegetarian diet, and provide food that is good for the body, mind and soul. Feel good food that genuinely uplifts you. Our menus are designed by nutritional experts who understand the blend between satisfying children’s tastes and providing them with essential food types for their growth and development.
The Vedanta is a unique Grade II listed building with rich character, large bedrooms and spacious communal spaces. At full capacity, we can host 150 individuals across our single, double and family rooms. Our function areas include a large hall, multiple dining spaces and a selection of break-out rooms.
Surrounding The Vedanta are miles of walking trails with expansive views of the Lincoln’s best country views. Our lake is perfect for swimming, observing wildlife, sunbathing while floating and even periphery laps in a kayak! There are multiple outdoor spaces available for community gatherings and games and outdoor pavilions to shelter you from the sun as you relish your delicious lunch!
Our breath-taking estate takes you back in time with its attractive limestone structure, columns and chimney stacks. Surrounding the estate are picturesque parcels of woodland including our own tranquil lake and wildflower meadows bringing teaming communities of natural wildlife.
|What will you do?
- To prepare all types of food in line with CPU requirements
- To ensure accurate and timely completion of all areas of administration associated with the provision of the services, as directed by the Manager. This includes stock taking, HACCP / Safety records, and production planning wastage, wastage records and reduction.
- To assist as directed in reporting, stock and wastage control measures in line with instructions from the Manager
- To participate in ensuring the smooth running of all operations
- To liaise and co-operate with the Manager or other unit chefs, to produce all meals in line with specification
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please download the Job Description.
|What are we looking for?
- A fast learner with an interest in kitchen work
- The ability to stand for long hours
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety rules
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to work unsupervised in a busy environment
- Patience and cool-headedness
- Kitchen experience
Please see the Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for the role.
|We are able to offer:
- enthusiastic, motivated and friendly team;
- an attractive working environment;
- supportive staff;
- great opportunities for professional development
Govinda’s Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
|How to apply
To apply please send a up to date CV, completed GDPR form and personal statement to [email protected]
Please ensure your personal statement details why you are interested in applying for the role, giving clear examples of experience to demonstrate your capabilities. Remember to include relevant experience (skills you have gained outside paid work, e.g. voluntary and community work).
You must refer to the Job Description and each point in the Person Specification, focusing on the essential criteria
Please click on the items below.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!