Finance Assistant – Leicester
Employer: Avanti Services Limited
Salary: Grade 3 – 4 (£18,480 – £21,513 per annum (0.88 FTE + 1 FTE))
Hours: Part-time, term time and full time, all year round (37.5 hours per week) roles available
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 5 January 2022 at 12 noon
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Finance Assistant, to support our schools across the trust.
- Support the Finance Team with a variety of tasks that aid invoicing, ordering, processing BACS payments and monitoring spend.
- Support financial administration across the Trust.
- Input of standing information to finance system (suppliers, debtors) in accordance with procedures
- Processing of Purchase Orders from requisitions, accurately and in accordance with agreed authorisation and timescales
- Printing of Purchase Orders, checking for accuracy and distributing to suppliers and budget holders as required
- Processing of invoices, checking to Purchase Orders and goods received notes, ensuring appropriate authorisation and payment in accordance with agreed procedures and timescales
- Manage weekly BACS run in accordance with the Bank mandate
|What will you do?
- You will be a highly motivated and efficient individual who can work on their own but be part of the wider centralised Finance Function.
- You will be dealing with a wide variety of people at all levels, so you must be an effective communicator, with strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to prioritise a busy workload is essential, as is the need to meet deadlines of varying timescales. You will be prepared to work flexibly, independently, sometimes under pressure, and always with a ‘can and will do’ attitude.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please download the Job Description.
|What are we looking for?
- You will need to demonstrate that you have a good working knowledge and level of competence in using Excel and Word coupled with great attention to detail and high standards of accuracy.
Please see the Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for the role.
|Why should you apply?
You will be working in a fantastic environment. Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
- You’ll be entitled to 25 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- NEST pension scheme
- Development opportunities
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
|How to apply
To apply please send an up-to-date CV, completed GDPR form and personal statement to [email protected]
Please ensure your personal statement details why you are interested in applying for the role, giving clear examples of experience to demonstrate your capabilities. Remember to include relevant experience (skills you have gained outside paid work, e.g. voluntary and community work).
You must refer to the Job Description and each point in the Person Specification, focusing on the essential criteria.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!