Finance Manager – Leicester
Employer: Avanti Services Limited
Salary: Grade 8 – 9, £28,954 – £33,575 per annum
Hours: Full time, all year round (37.5 hours per week)
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 30th November 2021 at 12 noon
Are you an exceptional Finance Manager ready to take on a role with an excellent understanding of the Education sector? Then this is the perfect job for you…
- We are currently searching for a Finance Manager to support the Head of Finance and the successful development of schools by delivering first-class management information, plans & forecasts. The role involves travel between Avanti schools across the Trust.
- Reporting to the Head of Finance in Leicester, you will provide the appropriate financial advice, guidance and support on allocated schools within the Trust.
|What will you do?
- You will be a highly motivated and efficient individual who can work on their own but be part of the wider centralised Finance Function. You will be dealing with a wide variety of people at all levels, so you must be an effective communicator, with strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to work across the trust. The ability to prioritise a busy workload is essential, as is the need to meet deadlines of varying timescales. You will be prepared to work flexibly, independently, sometimes under pressure, and always with a ‘can and will do’
- You will be responsible for the preparation of appropriate budget monitoring reports, monitoring spending against budget/reforecast and ensuring that the expenditure remains within the prescribed limits.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please download the Job Description.
|What are we looking for?
- Planning, prioritising and consistently delivering work to a high standard and by the required deadline will be a key part in the success of this position.
- The successful candidate will ideally be fully or partially qualified (ACA/CIMA/ACCA/CIPFA) or have the equivalent demonstrable experience ideally within the school’s sector.
Please see the Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for the role.
|Why should you apply?
You will be working in a fantastic environment. Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
- You’ll be entitled to 25 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- NEST pension scheme
- Development opportunities
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
|How to apply
To apply please send a up to date CV, completed GDPR form and personal statement to [email protected]
Please ensure your personal statement details why you are interested in applying for the role, giving clear examples of experience to demonstrate your capabilities. Remember to include relevant experience (skills you have gained outside paid work, e.g. voluntary and community work).
You must refer to the Job Description and each point in the Person Specification, focusing on the essential criteria
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!