School: Avanti House Primary School
Salary: Grade MPS 1 – 6, £29,915– £41,136 per annum (1 FTE)
Hours: Full-time (32.5 hours per week)
Contract Type: Fixed term until 20th July 2021
Closing Date: Friday, 3rd December 2021 at 12 noon
Avanti House Primary School is a faith designated (Hindu) state school looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to fulfil the role of Class Teacher. You will be well supported by colleagues in all aspects of your professional development. You will be warmly greeted by our pupils and parents alike and our beautiful grounds and location provide excellent stimulus for a rich and vibrant curriculum.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, dedicated and talented professional who can model outstanding classroom practice.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about learning to the highest standard, committed to maintaining a healthy, comfortable environment, and who has a sharp eye for detail, to build on the school’s successes and contribute to our continuing development.
The staff at Avanti House Primary School are passionate about our school and are relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for all our students. All staff that work at the school will need to subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our students. This is a unique opportunity to work in a school which is driven by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
We believe in high expectations, challenge and support to enable our students to understand and develop into the best version of themselves. Through professional development, we support our teachers and TAs to excel in creating a highly successful learning environment for our students and we are an ambitious team who strive to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations.
|Your key responsibilities:
· Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the class(es) ensuring equality of opportunity for all
· Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
· In the spirit of the ethos of the Avanti Schools Trust, treat pupils with dignity, build relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observe proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
· Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/families, governors, other staff, the Avanti Schools Trust and external agencies in the best interests of pupils
· Act within, the statutory frameworks, which set out their professional duties and responsibilities and in line with the duties outlined in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and Teacher Standards
· Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please download the Job Description.
Please see the Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for the role.
Why should you apply?
You will be working in a fantastic environment. Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
Please click on the items below.