School Administration Officer
School: Avanti House Primary School
Start: As soon as possible
Contract Type: Permanent, part-time (22.5 hours per week) term time only
Salary: Grade 2, £19,419 – £19,649 per annum pro rata
Closing Date: Thursday 20th January 2022, 12 noon
Potential interview dates: Wednesday 26th and Thursday 27th January
|About us and the role
We wish to recruit an Administrator Assistant. The successful candidate will be responsible for administrative and reception support to the school.
The successful candidate will be a key team member in ensuring Avanti House School provides an outstanding education for all pupils.
This is a unique opportunity to help develop a new and innovative school, which will be shaped by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
Avanti House Primary is part of the growing family of Avanti schools. Avanti schools are Hindu-designated faith schools. However, staff and students at Avanti House School do not originate from any specific faith background; applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none. They will, however, be expected to be in full sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School.
|Why should you apply
You will be working in a fantastic environment.
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
What we are able to offer:
- Local Government pension scheme
- a strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight;
- enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children;
- a committed and motivated staff team;
- an attractive working environment;
- supportive parents;
- great opportunities for professional development
|What will you do?
- Provide clerical, administrative and secretarial support, through undertaking tasks which require some generalist skills and knowledge.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection. Reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
- Contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
|What are we looking for?
- Experience of general clerical/administrative work.
- Good level of literacy and numeracy skills.
- Evidence of the ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Effective use of ICT packages and keyboard skills.
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and pay attention to detail.
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Application forms, GDPR and Equality forms must be submitted by the closing date above to [email protected] once fully completed. The successful candidate will be required to sign the application declaration on appointment.
Please click on the items below.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!