School: Avanti Gardens School
Contract Type: Full-time (32.5 hours per week), Permanent
Salary: Grade 2, (Actual Salary £13,332 – £13,457 per annum)
Closing Date: Friday 28th January 2022
Start Date: ASAP
|About us and the role
We are looking for an innovative, inspirational Teaching Assistant who puts the welfare and progress of children at the centre of everything they do and are able to support our students in reaching their full potential.
Avanti Gardens School is part of the growing family of Avanti schools. Some Avanti schools are Hindu-designated faith schools, but Avanti Gardens is not a faith school. However, staff and students at Avanti Gardens School do not originate from any specific faith background; applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none. They will, however, be expected to be in full sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School and the Trust.
You will be working as part of a team who are passionate about providing the very best experience for our students.
This is a unique opportunity to help develop a new and innovative school, which will be shaped by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
|Why should you apply
You will be working in a fantastic environment.
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
- a strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight;
- enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children;
- a committed and motivated staff team;
- an attractive working environment;
- supportive parents;
- great opportunities for professional development
|What will you do?
- To support working relationship with the pupils, acting as role model and setting high expectations
- To support pupils with special educational needs through the delivery of specific learning programmes and to contribute to setting individual education plan (IEP) targets and to IEP reviews
- To work closely with the teacher to assist in the planning, development and delivery of all areas of the curriculum. In the short term unplanned absence of the teacher, to cover all pre prepared activities to provide continuity for the pupils
- To provide support for pupils’ emotional and social needs by encouraging and modelling positive behaviour in line with school policy
- To assist in the development of basic Literacy, Numeracy and ICT skills and support the use of these learning activities as directed by the class teacher
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
|What are we looking for?
- Experience of working with relevant age group within a learning environment
- Excellent level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Working knowledge of relevant strategies in appropriate curriculum or learning area
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Good working knowledge of relevant policies and codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people within the school
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
|How to apply
|Application forms can be downloaded at www.avanti.org.uk/careers and must be submitted by the closing date above to [email protected] once fully completed. The successful candidate will be required to sign the application declaration on appointment.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!