Welcome to the May 2021 edition of Love to Teach, Avanti’s digital newsletter that focuses on learning, teaching and assessment.
In this month’s edition we find out more about our MAT Board Chair and one of our SW principals, our CEO explains some of the background to The Avanti Way and we learn about how some of our teachers are using the work of Rosenshine and Hattie to accelerate learning. Also check out some of the recommended books and websites.
Staff CPD libraries
In June each school will receive a set of books that will help in the creation or enhancement of a staff CPD library. The books that each school will receive include:
- Teach like a champion by Doug Lemov
- Rosenshine’s Principles in Action by Tom Sherrington
- Visible learning – how to maximize impact by John Hattie
- Making good progress? By Daisy Christodoulou
- The future of teaching and the myths that hold it back by Guy Claxton
- Restorative Practice: Building relationships, improving behaviour and creating stronger communities by Mark Finnis