Why We’re Here
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, personal and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
Our Core Principles
- We are unique spiritual beings with incredible potential and we achieve our full potential by discovering and nurturing all parts of ourselves – intellectual, emotional, physical and spiritual.
- We can choose how we wish to respond to life and what we nurture within us.
- We are called upon to care for and respect all life – human, animal and plant – and to live in a way that causes the least possible harm.
- We each observe the one same reality from our own unique perspective and open-minded dialogue deeply enriches our vision.
- We will live increasingly meaningful and satisfying lives if we each serve a purpose higher than ourselves.
- We need to love and be loved, and to be nourished by personal relationships that encourage us to be the best we can.
Our Triple Pathway
Avanti Schools support each person’s life journey along three parallel paths:
Educational excellence; Character formation; and Spiritual insight.
Educational excellence means to be passionate about learning and have high aspirations. This requires us as individuals to be reflective and thoughtful, and to be willing to be confident and adventurous. Avanti’s approach to education is to lay the foundation for every individual to embark upon a lifelong journey of learning and self-fulfilment.
Character formation means to be conscious of our place in the world, to live in a way we would wish to see others live, and to be aware of how our choices affect the world around us, including all nature. Avanti’s virtues of respect, self-discipline, courage, integrity, empathy and gratitude underpin Avanti’s approach to character formation and citizenship.
Spiritual insight means to understand ourselves, others and the world around us. In those of our schools which are specifically Hindu faith-designated, this means to awaken each person’s unique and loving relationship with Krishna (God). In all Avanti schools, spirituality is made relevant and accessible to all, irrespective of faith or belief.