At Avanti fields we strive to enable students to understand and develop into the best version of themselves, undertaking a journey of self-discovery in order to fulfil their intellectual, physical, emotional and spiritual potential.
Our vision is built from the Avanti three pillars of educational excellence, character formation and spiritual insight and the Avanti values of self-discipline, courage, integrity, empathy and gratitude.
To achieve this, we:
- Engender a love of learning, promote independent thought and inspire students to take calculated risks and think creatively.
- Provide children with the tools and guidance to succeed, flourish and maximise their potential.
- Create an environment where students feel safe and secure, knowing that they are part of a community and where relationships are forged on understanding, dialogue and mutual respect.
- Provide a curriculum that is broad, balanced and holistic, giving each student with the opportunity to grow and excel.
- Provide the climate, opportunities and support to develop spiritual insight and to explore their personal relationship with the divine.
- Support and inspire all staff to strive towards and achieve excellence.
Courses of study
Our curriculum is designed to ensure students are taught the concepts, knowledge and skills in order to meet their potential and prepare them for a successful future.
On entry in year 7, students are taught in mixed ability groups for all the subjects. Students are streamed after the first half term based on their KS2 prior attainment and other data (including MidYis, CATs, reading ages and Internal assessment data).
Year 7: English, Mathematics, Science, Spanish, History, Geography, Philosophy, Religion & Ethics (PRE), Computer Science, Art, Physical Education, Drama, Sanskrit and Citizenship.
Year 8: The above curriculum is continued.
Year 9: The above curriculum is continued.
Year 10 and 11: Students study English (Language and Literature), Mathematics, Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics), a Modern Language (Spanish), Religious Studies (taught as part of PRE), Physical Education and Citizenship. Students will also have the opportunity to choose additional subjects as part of the option blocks including Business Studies, Computer Science, Art, Drama, OCR Cambridge National Enterprise and Marketing and Media Studies.
Please click here to view our KS 4 Options Booklet