PE and Sport Funding – DfE Guidelines
Purpose of funding: Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this. Possible uses for the funding might include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE;
- supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs;
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport;
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport;
- running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games;
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport;
- providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs;
- pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools.
Sports Premium Funding at Avanti House Primary School
- At Avanti House Primary School Physical Education and Sporting play is very important for all pupils and at least two hour sessions per week are dedicated to physical activity in the curriculum.. We believe that physical activity and sport contribute to the holistic development of children and through participation in sport and physical education, children learn more about themselves and develop lifelong values such as: teamwork, fair play and respect for themselves and others. There is significant evidence to show the positive effects of sport and exercise on children’s physical health, growth and development but also on their academic ability. Sport and activity also provide a healthy environment for children to learn how to deal with competition and how to cope with both winning and with losing.
- Our lunch menu reflects the on-going focus we have on healthy eating