to start as soon as possible – Fixed Term to July 2020
We are looking to add 4 general teaching assistants to our team to help students across our all through school
Relevant qualities, skills and experience:
- Warm, kind, considerate, outgoing personality.
- Flexible, methodical, reliable, work with initiative, GSH, quick to learn.
- Experience of working with children, either paid or a voluntary capacity in school.
- GCSE or Equivalent English & Maths qualifications.
- Knowledge of the principles of Steiner Waldorf education would be an advantage.
- Support the class teacher in the delivery of the curriculum.
- Remove barriers to learning and promote inclusion of all pupils.
- Participate in general school activities including break and lunch-time duties, sports day, school visits etc. as required.
- Assist with assessment and feedback of pupil progress.
- Be aware of and promote pupil’s general welfare and follow the school’s health and safety procedures.
- Assist with the preparation of learning resources.
- Carry out other duties as directed by the teacher, line manager or Principal.
Start date ASAP
Hours: 8.15am – 3.45 pm Monday to Friday Term Time Only
(Job shares/other hours may be considered. Please specify preferences at application)
Salary £17,738 FTE
If you would like to apply for this position please request an application form and job description from:[email protected]
Closing date: 5pm Wednesday 9th October 2019.
Successful applicants will be invited for interview w/c 14th Ocober 2019.
The Steiner Academy Frome wishes to employ staff who are caring and will uphold the ethos and curriculum of the Academy. To support this, the Academy takes into account the guidance issued by the DfE “Keeping children safe in education & Annex A” Sept 2019 and “Working together to Safeguard Children 2018”