School: Little Avanti Nursery
Location: Stanmore, Aldenham
Contract Type: Permanent
Positions: Nursery Lead Educator
Start Date: ASAP – apply with full CV, covering letter, and completed application form
Please click on the Application Form button below to download:
Nature’s playground | Life’s stories | Love’s roots
Would you like to join a growing outdoor nursery team? We are setting up a group of outdoor nurseries that will allow children of 2-5 year olds to enjoy the wonder of nature.
Little Avanti Outdoors’ has 2 nurseries opening in September 2018
As Nursery Leader, you’ll lead a qualified team of Nursery playworkers and Forest educators to create adventures and memories for the children. Your natural passion for child-led learning and experience will help you to follow children’s insights in nature’s playground.
Your role is to inspire, develop and lead a team of early years’ practitioners and help them grow as outdoor educators by spending a large part of your time creating and discovering ‘life’s stories’ in the forest.
You will be supported by a high-class back office team, a nursery manager and be provided with exceptional CPD, mentoring and networking opportunities to enhance and develop your skills. You will be the leader of a community focused on growing ‘love’s roots’ within the hearts of the children.
Locations: Stanmore & Aldenham
- A minimum of Early Years Level 3 qualification or QTS
- 2 years post qualification experience
- Experience in leading teams
- Experience in forest schools or outdoor education (desirable)
- A passion for the outdoors
- Experience of working and implementing the EYFS statutory framework
- knowledge and understanding of children’s safeguarding and KCSIE
- A person with strong inter-personal and organisation skills
- The ability to quickly adapt and be flexible
At Little Avanti, we believe that it is crucial to keep staff nourished, happy and inspired so that they can provide the best experiences for the children, parents and community. In light of this, our staff enjoy a range of perks:
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Annual staff wellbeing retreats to yoga and mindfulness retreat centres, steeped in nature anywhere from Wales to Belgium.
- Opportunity to work a week in our partner nursery just outside of Madrid.
- Career progression
- CPD programmes and connections to a wider team of educationalists, forest school practitioners and professionals.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered, please email [email protected] with your latest CV, a covering message explaining why you would like to be part of the Little Avanti journey, and a completed application form.