Invitation to stand for Trust Appointed members of the Avanti House Secondary School Stakeholder Committee Elections
The Avanti School Board of Directors (AST) has appointed a School Stakeholder Committee (SSC) for each Avanti School to provide perspectives from various stakeholder groups (staff, parents and the wider community) on the day to day functioning of the school in order to support the school’s work.
SSC members work together with the Principal and Senior Leadership team in achieving best practice for the pupils. Each member brings with them a depth of knowledge from their own professional and personal lives which contribute to the growth of the school.
There are currently vacancies on the AHSS SSC for Trust appointed members. The position is for a three-year term of office. Our Trust Appointed members are very valuable members of the SSC. We rely on them to help us keep in touch with the views of the wider community.
The purpose of the SSC is to:
- Provide perspectives from the various stakeholder groups on the day to day functioning of the school;
- Contribute to the running of the school by participating in disciplinary, exclusions, complaints, admissions and appointments panels and other such forums that require representation of persons not employed at the school.
- Be ambassadors of the school to promote partnerships with wider local communities to enrich the school’s offer to pupils, for example volunteering and mentoring programmes and employer engagement;
- Support regular fundraising efforts of the school, including the voluntary-contributions scheme and
- Support the school in other ways as requested by the Principal on an ad hoc basis.
If you are interested in applying to become a Trust appointed member, please email the Clerk to the AHSS SSC to request an application form – [email protected].
Please note that the last date of the submission of the application (NOT the request of the form) is Thursday 24th September 2020 at 3.30 pm