School: Little Avanti Nursery
Location: Aldenham Country Park & Stanmore Recreation Ground
Contract Type: Permanent
Positions: Nursery Administrator
Start Date: ASAP
Responsible to: Head of Business Services and Nursery Manager
Nature’s playground | Life’s stories | Love’s roots
Little Avanti Nursery is seeking an experienced, methodical, and organised office manager to join our team!
You will have ownership of all admin functions and support the nursery manager, anticipating and responding to nursery needs, ensuring work is completed on time and to the highest standards.
This role is 25 hrs per week, Monday – Friday. You must be available to attend training, deep cleaning and team meetings which are held on weekends. Dates are provided in advance.
The successful candidate will share our company values of integrity, honesty, loyalty as well as being committed to their role.
- The post holder will ensure that the Nursery is in compliance with espoused policy, to be the catalyst for efficiency and effectiveness throughout the Nursery and to contribute to raising pupil attainment.
- Process staff holiday requests
- Respond to enquiries
- Process new staff starters and leavers
- Process new child starters and leavers
- Maintain change of attendance and payments
- HR paperwork
- Be responsible for petty cash
- Printing for nursery rooms
- Carry out parent inductions and process paperwork
- Collate wraparound
- Delete historic records according to legal time scales
- Manage incoming phone calls, answering or directing enquiries and/or taking meaningful messages, knowledgably and to the correct people.
- Greet visitors at the front door.
- Write professional emails and letters as directed using appropriate tone, language and punctuation.
- Refer any complaints to the Nursery Manager immediately.
- Manage workload via Outlook and Wrike in order that colleagues and managers can easily review.
- Keep stationery adequately and cost-effectively stocked.
- Keep uniform adequately and cost-effectively stocked.
- Efficiently manage and maintain accurate customer, child, and staff records (electronic and paper).
- Ensure driver paperwork is accurate and up to date.
- H&S admin
- Miscellaneous admin and filing
At Little Avanti, we believe that it is crucial to keep staff nourished, happy and inspired so that they can provide the best experiences for the children, parents and community.
Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. In making your application, it is essential you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
Little Avanti is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
We welcome applications from both men and women of all ages from any background and from candidates with disabilities.
Applications to be made by submitting a comprehensive CV setting out your full employment history, including referees covering the last 5 years of employment and a supporting statement addressing all aspects of the person specification.
Completed CVs with supporting statements and salary expectations must be submitted by the closing date above to [email protected]. The successful candidate will be required to sign the application declaration on appointment. Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Please click on the items below.