CPD is a cornerstone of any school that values and wants to develop its staff and at the Avanti Institute, we know that the challenge lies in getting this right for all staff. Effective & impactful CPD is intended to equip teachers with the skills and knowledge required to keep up to date with the rapidly changing educational world and of course, to offer timely and effective support along the way. CPD for primary and secondary teachers can include:
● reading relevant journal articles or reviewing books
● taking training courses or formal development or study
● peer review, mentoring or shadowing
● online learning, including engagement in discussion forums and blogs
● viewing and reviewing television programmes, documentaries and the internet.
We are proud to launch our initial partnership with Chartered College which will allow us the opportunity to be outward looking when considering staff CPD. Gaining insights from a host of leading experts and experienced teachers will be integral to our development. There is an abundance of impressive and insightful CPD out there….