Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, funding can be used to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
Click the links below to read the Leicester School Sports Partnership and/or Leicester City Football in the Community End of Year Participation Reviews.
LCSSP End of Year Participation Review 2018 to 2019
Leicester City Primary Stars Report 2018 to 2019
LCSSP End of Year Participation Review 2017 to 2018