What is Avanti?
Below are some of the reasons people choose to volunteer. For some it provides an opportunity to:
- Give something back to an organisation that has impacted on a person’s life, either directly or indirectly
- Make a difference to the lives of others
- Help the environment
- Help others less fortunate or without a voice
- Feel valued and part of a team
- Spend quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- Gain confidence and self-esteem
For some, volunteering can be a route to employment, or a chance to try something new which may lead to a career change. From this perspective, volunteering can be a way of:
- Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience
- Developing existing skills and knowledge
- Enhancing a CV
- Improving one’s employment prospects
- Gaining an accreditation
- Using one’s professional skills and knowledge to benefit others (usually described as pro bono)
For others, volunteering appeals because of its social benefits. These include:
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- A chance to socialise
- Getting to know the local community
There are so many ways you can volunteer at Avanti, some of the common areas are:
- Classroom support
- Library management
- Cooking in the kitchens
- Event management
- Office help
- Marketing and promoting events
Avanti Schools Trust is a family of schools that share the ideals of educational excellence, character formation and spiritual insight. Our inclusive approach to spirituality means that students with or without a faith background are always welcome at all Avanti Schools.
Volunteer for Avanti
‘Friends of Avanti Schools Trust’ is a networking platform for our community volunteers, ensuring we continue to enrich the educational environment in which our children grow. ‘Friends of Avanti Schools Trust’ connects the right volunteers to the schools and projects that need those skills.
Our volunteers are rich with local knowledge, resources and expertise, as well as a passion for values-led education, and have been instrumental to the success of each of our projects. They are involved in a range of roles from legal and finance work, administration, working directly in our schools, developing our websites and working towards the development of new schools – to name but a few! Business owners also play a key role in our schools.
“I have been with Avanti for quite a few years now. I understand their vision, and feel extremely proud to be a part of the Trust family. I know hard work, determination, dedication and a sincere love for what I do is paramount to the job and to contribute to the success of Avanti.”
|ROLE||Finance Assistant Volunteer|
Avanti Schools Trust are looking for a committed person to work 3-5 days full time for a minimum of 6 months in the Finance Department, based at any of our schools.
The primary role of the candidate will be to support the finance department.
- Ability to work 3-5 days full time
- Commit to a minimum of 6 months
- Willingness to perform admin tasks
- Studied accounting or bookkeeping and ideally have an accounting qualification and/or relevant experience working within accounts
Job role will involve
- Managing sales and purchase ledger
- Monthly Bank reconciliations
- Supporting budgeting process
- Supporting production of weekly/monthly management accounts
- Supporting monthly payroll
- Grant writing
- Other admin tasks
Expenses will be provided.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV to [email protected]
|ROLE||Office administrator/executive assistant to the Trust|
||3–5 days a week, minimum 6 hours per day|
|LOCATION||Avanti Schools Trust office at Krishna Avanti (Edgware)|
You would be involved in working in a number of operational and forward looking projects including development of new schools, public relations, communications and grant applications in addition to general administration and HR.
Expenses will be provided. Training will be provided though you should be IT literate and flexible in your approach to work. To apply, or find out more please do not hesitate to contact Brij by emailing [email protected] or calling 020 8731 1454.
We require an executive assistant to support our directors and CEO in the following areas:
- Drafting letters and other correspondence
- Booking meetings (and possibly managing diaries)
- Preliminary research projects (which does not require any specific subject knowledge)
- Other similar tasks.
The role requires the following commitments:
- Two to three hours per day, or similar
- Working from AST office
Whilst there is no specific experience required for this role, the following are essential:
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- IT proficiency, including very good working knowledge of email and Word
- Personal initiative and foresight.
If you are interested please email [email protected]