- Strive to achieve equality of opportunity for all, adults and pupils, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
- Promote a harmonious environment (social cohesion)
- Strive for all pupils to achieve the highest possible standards in their learning and make good progress and to be committed to closing the gaps in progress and attainment.
- Ensure that the appointment of staff is in line with equal opportunities legislation
- Ensure that the governing body of the school reflects diversity
- Identify barriers to learning and participation and provide appropriately to meet a diversity of needs
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through daily teaching, with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity.
Please refer to our Equality Policy for further information.