Dear Parents, Carers and Pupils,

The final community bulletin of the year from myself is often a reflective piece on all the amazing achievements that have been celebrated throughout the year. At Avanti House these outstanding achievements are numerous and showcase the talents and endeavours of both our staff and pupils. There have been many highlights such as the Physics trip to CERN, the sporting success of so many teams including the many county and borough trophies that we have won, the examination success placing us in the top 20 schools in the entire county for GCSE, the opening of the new temple room that allow so many of us to enjoy and connect through Kirtan, the students visiting Oxford with the Brilliant club… As you can clearly see the list is endless and is certainly holds up a mirror to the deeds of the school.

I want to look forward though to the new academic year and the huge anticipation of Avanti House getting better and better. You will see in the bulletin the expansion of the student voice team that will really allow all to be heard across school with the areas that could be developed further. This is a key drive for all next year as we will also reach out again to parents and carers to come into school to work with the team and myself on the school development plan. I am aiming to reengage with an open space and Town Hall in the Autumn term to continue to work together on school improvement. It is also exciting that new opportunities are being planned with curriculum opportunities and expanding the variety of national competitions, formal exams and international competitions that will be open to more students in the pre-examination years. This will be part of the enrichment programme that was introduced this year, that again is a key aim to build upon strong foundations from this year. We are looking forward not back as we drive to make the world a better place.

I want to publicly thank the teachers and support staff who are moving on from Avanti to seek new opportunities in schools and academic institutions across the country. Mr. Long, Ms Naing, Ms Kessler, Ms Nekari and Ms Nykiel, have all been fantastic, supporting staff and students throughout their time at Avanti. I would also like to thank Ms Yazdanian who has been covering maternity this year in Art. We wish them all well.

Finally thank you to all of you who continue to support Avanti House School. Without your continued understanding that Avanti House can only thrive with your support, we would not be able to be able to ensure success for all making the world a better place. Please have a safe summer and enjoy spend quality time together as a family if possible.

Simon Arnell