The AST Board of Directors has appointed School Stakeholder Committees for each Avanti school. SSCs provide perspectives from various stakeholder groups (staff, parents and the wider community) on the day to day functioning of the school in order to support the school’s work.
The SSC members work together to support the Principal and senior leadership team in achieving what is best for the pupils. Each member brings with them a depth of knowledge from their own professional and personal lives which is contributory to the growth of the school.
The purpose of this committee is to:
- Provide perspectives from various stakeholder groups (staff, parents and the wider community) on the day to day functioning of the school;
- Contribute to the running of the school by participating in disciplinary, exclusions, complaints, admissions and appointments panels and other such forums that require representation of persons not employed at the school;
- Be ambassadors of the school to promote partnerships with wider local communities to enrich the school’s offer to pupils, for example volunteering and mentoring programmes and employer engagement;
- Support the regular fundraising efforts of the school, including the voluntary-contributions scheme.
- Support the school in other ways as requested by the Principal on an ad-hoc basis.
The School Stakeholder Committee (SSC) is made-up of 9 members, comprising 4 Trust members, the school Headteacher, 2 elected Parent members, 1 elected staff member and 1 elected support staff member. Parents are invited to contact Anita Shah and Raj Chauhan (Parent SSC members) by contacting the school in writing if you would like to speak to them.
The Chair of the Schools Stakeholder Committee is Mr Sanjay Patel who can be contacted at Avanti Court Primary School, Carlton Drive, IG6 1LZ.
Please click below for further information on SSC:
School Stakeholder Committee Information updated March 2022
Historic School Stakeholder Committee Information updated November 2021
Chair’s Annual Report 2015
Governers reflections 2015-16
Chair’s Annual Report 2016-2017
Chair’s Annual Report 2018-2019
Chair’s Annual Report 2020-2021