The AST Board of Directors has appointed School Stakeholder Committees for each Avanti school. SSCs provide perspectives from various stakeholder groups (staff, parents and the wider community) on the day to day functioning of the school in order to support the school’s work.
The SSC members work together to support the Principal and senior leadership team in achieving what is best for the pupils. Each member brings with them a depth of knowledge from their own professional and personal lives which is contributory to the growth of the school.
The purpose of this committee is to:
- Provide perspectives from various stakeholder groups (staff, parents and the wider community) on the day to day functioning of the school;
- Contribute to the running of the school by participating in disciplinary, exclusions, complaints, admissions and appointments panels and other such forums that require representation of persons not employed at the school;
- Be ambassadors of the school to promote partnerships with wider local communities to enrich the school’s offer to pupils, for example volunteering and mentoring programmes and employer engagement;
- Support the regular fundraising efforts of the school, including the voluntary-contributions scheme.
- Support the school in other ways as requested by the Principal on an ad-hoc basis.
If you are interested in contributing to one of the Avanti schools SSCs and feel you will be a suitable candidate to join a team dedicated to supporting a local school, please click on the link below to complete the application form.
Please note, all Trust appointments are subject to approval by the AST Board of Directors.
Q.What is the process of selecting a candidate?
A. Applications will be submitted to the AST Board of Directors who will decide on whether the candidate is suitable for the position. It is likely that a member of the Executive team will contact candidates for a conversation about the application.
Q. What is the term of this post holder?
A. Once appointed, the term of office is 3 years.
Further information about our Governance & Policies can be found here and click the following link for our Governance Handbook.