SEND at Avanti Fields
What we offer at Avanti Fields:
At Avanti Fields, we encourage and support every child during each step of their educational journey. However, we recognise that many students during their time at school experience difficulties, we are committed to enabling each student to grow and develop to reach their full potential.
Please click here to view our SEND information report.
Please click here to view our Accessibility Plan.
Local information can be found through the following links:
Leicester City Council’s Local Offer:
For more details please click Here
SEN Code of Practice:
SEND Code of Practice
DfE publication “Special Educational Needs and Disability a Guide for Parents and Carers, August 2014”:
SEND guide for Parents and Carers
What to do if you have a concern about your child’s learning/well-being?
1. Make an appointment with your child’s class teacher or form tutor
2. The teacher/form tutor will give you a clear picture of how your child presents in school and discuss possible next steps
3. Your child may be part of an intervention group to support their needs
4. If your child has responded and shown progress then no further action will be taken.
5. If little or no impact has been made, your child may be put on the SEND register and additional SEND support may be given where appropriate
6. The cycle of “Assess, Plan, Do, Review” will continue to support your child’s needs
Please contact us and we can work together to resolve any issues which may be worrying you or your child. To make an appointment, please contact reception or email our SENCo, Laura Bigginton, on the details below:
0116 326 6813 or [email protected]