At Avanti House Primary School, we have a strong and active School Council which consists of a group of pupils who have been elected by their peers to represent the views of pupils and to raise issues with the Senior Leadership Team of the school.
The School Council are involved in important decision making, for example they:
- Take on initiatives and projects on behalf of pupils such as designing the school’s Sensory Garden and being a part of the design team for our new playground equipment.
- Are involved in the strategic planning of the school improvement plan.
- Help to improve teaching and learning by sharing pupil voice.
The School Council aims are as follows:
- To ensure that the Senior Leadership Team responds to the views of all pupils.
- To have an opportunity to let teachers know pupils’ feelings and opinions.
- To have a say in decision that effect pupils in the school.
- To play an active role in making Avanti House Primary School a better place.
- To help all pupils at Avanti House Primary School to enjoy their education and feel safe in school.
Food Food Food!!
School Council at Avanti House Primary are driving an initiative to minimise food wastage.
Rohan Year 4, felt extremely strongly about this subject that he took it upon himself to plan and deliver an assembly to the rest of the school. His campaign, alongside his school council peers, is to minimise the amount of food that is thrown in the bin each day.
Rohan delivered a powerful assembly helping children to reflect on what else they are wasting when they throw their food away, time, money, water, energy and most importantly love.
This is just the beginning of the campaign, watch this space for what comes next!